SubjectRe: innd mmap bug in 2.4.0-test12
On Dec 25, Linus Torvalds <torvalds@transmeta.com> wrote:

>Add a printk() to __remove_inode_page() that complains whenever it removes
>a dirty page.
>
>Oh, in order to not see this with swap pages (which _can_ be removed when
>they are dirty, if all users of them are gone), add a PageClearDirty() to
>"remove_from_swap_cache()" so that we don't get false positives..
>
>Do you get any messages? I don't think you will, but it should be tested.
I read you found the real cause so that may be bogus, but I have got two
messages while booting. The first showed up while doing the fsck of a 6
GB file systems and killed the process (fscks of smaller partitions
completed successfully), the second occured while initializing
/dev/random and left an unkillable dd process and a stuck boot process
(I gathered this info with sysrq).

Being -test12 unstable for me, if you don't need more data I'll go back
to -test9 until the next release.

>That's probably the infinite loop in the tty task queue handling, should
>be fixed in test13-pre3 or so.
Looks like I missed it, evil vger postmasters unsubscribed me again for
no apparent reason...

--
ciao,
Marco