    SubjectRe: multiprocessor kernel problem
    Date
    In message <3A27D4D6.4DA47346@lanl.gov> you write:

    > I have 2.4.0 test 10 and test 11 installed on a multiprocessor (Intel)
    > machine. I have tried both test versions of the kernel. I configured
    > the kernel for single
    > and multi processor. When I boot single processor, iptables will run
    > fine. When I boot the machine with the multiprocessor kernel and run
    > iptables, the kernel dumps several pages of hex and the final two lines
    > of output are:
    >
    > Killing interrupt handler
    > scheduling in interrupt

    My development box (running test10pre5) is SMP, and it works fine. I
    haven't updated to the latest kernel version because I like my
    filesystems in one piece, and the netfilter code hasn't changed.

    What is your kernel configuration, and iptables version? Have you
    patched the kernel?

    Thanks for the report,
    Rusty.
    --