    SubjectRe: Fasttrak100 questions...

    > > You are wrong: If you modify the kernel you have to make it available for
    > > anyone who wishes to use it; that's also in the GPL. You can't add stuff
    > No it isnt. Some people seem to think it is. You only have to provide a
    > change if you give someone the binaries concerned. Some people also think
    > that 'linking' clauses mean they can just direct the customer to do the link,
    > that also would appear to be untrue in legal precedent - the law cares about
    > the intent.

    This is currently happening with lucent winmodem driver: there's
    modified version of serial.c, and customers are asked to compile it
    and (staticaly-)link it against proprietary code to get usable
    driver. Is that okay or not?
    I'm "In my country we have almost anarchy and I don't care."
    Panos Katsaloulis describing me w.r.t. patents at

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:0.019 / U:3.156 seconds]