    SubjectRe: recursive exports && linux nfs
    On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 11:54:46PM +0100, Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz> wrote:
    > > 2) using: I can do cd /nfs/fs, but the directoy is always empty, and when I
    > > try to step into a subdirectory I always get "No such file or directory".
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot for any insights, even if this means "this is not supported"
    > > ;)
    >
    > This can't be supported, afaict, because nfs handles have limited
    > size.

    Ehrm, did you really read my mail? Most people told me something like
    "recursive exports are not supported" (actually, they are and they work),
    and it seems nobody really read what I wrote :(

    My problem is that autofs doesn't work. Example:

    / reiserfs
    /fs autofs
    /fs/big ext2

    When I exportfs /, /fs AND /fs/big then I can mount /fs on another box,
    but it is always empty, even if something (e.g. /fs/big) is mounted and
    can be accessed fine the whole time. Automounting doesn't work, either, of
    course.

    Another (less grave) problem is that exportfs (and/or rpc.nfsd) require
    network access and access to the volume, so they a) mount all automounted
    directories (VERY expensive) and require network access (making all
    clients NOT survive a reboot).

    --

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.022 / U:127.212 seconds]