Last I recall you have to at least have newlib around to get through the
build process of gcc. libgcc doesn't affect the kernel but you can't do
'make install' without building it.

BTW : The Linux newlib stuff should go a long way toward solving some of
these problems (at least for x86 these days... other arches sure to follow)

--
Joe deBlaquiere
Red Hat, Inc.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.083 / U:1.540 seconds]