SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit
> > For one of our demos, we ran a file server on a remote linux box (that we
> > just had a user account on), mounted it on a kORBit'ized box, and ran
> > programs on SPARC Solaris that accessed the kORBit'ized linux box's file
> > syscalls. If nothing else, it's pretty nifty what you can do in little
> > code...
>
> Cool!
>
> However, can you do one test for me? Do _heavy_ writes on kORBit-ized
> box. That might show you some problems. Oh, and try to eat atomic
> memory by ping -f kORBit-ized box.

I'll give that a try when I get a chance. :)

> I've always wanted to do this: redirect /dev/dsp from one machine to
> another. (Like, I have development machine and old 386. I want all
> programs on devel machine use soundcard from 386. Can you do that?)

Yes. Definately. There are probably other ways of doing that... but one
of the things we implemented was a "generic" character device... and we
tested it by having a chardev server that basically reads from a
"local" (to the server) character device, and forward it over CORBA. So
this is already implemented! :)

-Chris

http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/os/
http://www.nondot.org/MagicStats/
http://korbit.sourceforge.net/

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.142 / U:3.596 seconds]