    SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit
    > > For one of our demos, we ran a file server on a remote linux box (that we
    > > just had a user account on), mounted it on a kORBit'ized box, and ran
    > > programs on SPARC Solaris that accessed the kORBit'ized linux box's file
    > > syscalls. If nothing else, it's pretty nifty what you can do in little
    > > code...
    >
    > Cool!
    >
    > However, can you do one test for me? Do _heavy_ writes on kORBit-ized
    > box. That might show you some problems. Oh, and try to eat atomic
    > memory by ping -f kORBit-ized box.

    I'll give that a try when I get a chance. :)

    > I've always wanted to do this: redirect /dev/dsp from one machine to
    > another. (Like, I have development machine and old 386. I want all
    > programs on devel machine use soundcard from 386. Can you do that?)

    Yes. Definately. There are probably other ways of doing that... but one
    of the things we implemented was a "generic" character device... and we
    tested it by having a chardev server that basically reads from a
    "local" (to the server) character device, and forward it over CORBA. So
    this is already implemented! :)

    -Chris

    http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/os/
    http://www.nondot.org/MagicStats/
    http://korbit.sourceforge.net/

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:3.179 / U:0.364 seconds]