SubjectRe: Is there a Linux trademark issue with sun?
On Fri, Dec 15, 2000 at 08:15:41PM +0100, Igmar Palsenberg wrote:

> > > It's probably a marketing guy that has no idea about what he is talking
> > > about. I've seen good Linux related stuff come from Sun and I hardly can
> > > imagine that such a person would make this statement.
> >
> > Ehrm. If I'm not all wrong, Scott McNealy is the CEO of Sun...
>
> Yes, someone also noted that to me. His words sound like those of some
> marketing guy, or some politican (for the Dutch guys : Kok :-))

Yup, that's Scooter (all the Sun old timers call him Scooter, I dunno where
it came from, I wasn't enough of an old timer). And, yeah, he does a lot
of marketing. But in many respects, he's the perfect CEO. He's always
out in public, pushing the message, and he tends to leave the day to day
stuff to the other folks. I'll take him over Gates any day of the week.

Scott's only big sin was to dump SunOS for Slowaris.
--
---