SubjectRe: Adaptec AIC7XXX v 6.0.6 BETA Released
On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> >> I'll update my patch tomorrow to restore the definition of current.
> >> I do fear, however, that this will perpetuate the polution of the
> >> namespace should "current" ever get cleaned up.
> >
> >It can probably get cleaned up after 2.4 by making current() the actual
> >inline. For 2.2 it won't change. Consider it a feature.
> >
> >It was done originally because the 2.0 code using #define based current
> >generated better code than using inline functions. 2.2 upwards use a different
> >(far nicer) method to find current.
> >
> >Note also that you cannot rely on 'get_current()'. The only way to find
> >current is to use current. get_current() the inline is an x86ism.
>
> I figured as much. I will test for the #define, stash it in a #define
> unique within my namespace, and #define it back in hosts.c should my
> local define exist.

Justin,

While you're at it, can you have the new driver provide status information
under /proc/scsi/aic7xxx? There is simply an empty pseudo-file called '0'
instead of the display provided by the current driver.

Steve

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.089 / U:0.228 seconds]