SubjectRe: how to capture long oops w/o having second machine
On 12 Dec 2000, Xavier Bestel wrote:

> > What's the best way to capture (manually or otherwise) a rather long
> > oops that scrolls off my console without having a second machine?
> >
> > I'm gonna try to compile in a framebuffer and use a high resolution and
> > see if that'll hold it all when I get back later today.
>
> shift+pageup ?

the problem with Shift-PgUP is that all the framebuffer drivers I tried
(matrox, ati, vesa) corrupt the screen when it is used. The only way to
use Shift-PgUp reliably I have ever seen was on vgacon. These bugs seemed
to be there for years so I didn't even bother reporting them - I just got
used to the idea "using fb? forget the Shift-PgUP then".

Regards,
Tigran

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.034 / U:1.168 seconds]