    SubjectRe: how to capture long oops w/o having second machine
    On Tue, Dec 12, 2000 at 09:34:30AM -0500, Mohammad A. Haque wrote:
    > Someone gave me a really awesome idea about possibly using a palm pilot
    > to capture the oops. Anyone know if it will be a problem using
    > /dev/ttyUSB0 as the serial port?
    > Baiscally if I want to duplicate the environment in which I'm getting
    > the oops, I need to be dialed out. That takes out COM1. I never gt my
    > COM2 to work (can't figure out what's wrong. doesn't work under windows
    > either). So that's out. I have a Keyspan USB PDA adapter that I use for
    > my Palm Vx which shows up as /dev/ttyUSB0.
    > I guess if usb serial can't be used I'll try duplicating the oops w/o
    > being dialed out.

    I don't know if /dev/ttyUSBX would work, but I think it would. People
    have successfully run consoles through the usb-serial drivers, but I'm
    not sure if the oops main console requires something different (like
    registering itself actually as a console?)

    And then there's the nice problem of the fact that if the oops comes
    from the USB code, you will not see it come out the usb-serial driver :)

    Let me know if you try this, and have any success (or find that it
    doesn't work.)

    greg k-h

      Last update: 2005-03-22 13:28    [W:0.039 / U:31.052 seconds]