SubjectRe: ANNOUNCE: Linux Kernel ORB: kORBit
Alexander Viro wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Dec 2000, Martin Dalecki wrote:
>
> > Please don't put KDE into the same bunch as gnome or
> > windows. KDE is in fact *well designed*! In esp. 2.0
>
> <raised brows> 'Tis funny, you know, because ISTR that the bloody thing
> got the same problems with the program sizes, API bloat and lack of
> orthogonality. Last time I've looked at their codebase was ~6 months
> ago and it was rather vomit-inducing.
>
> The fact that there is a holy war doesn't mean that one of the sides
> doesn't suck - usually both do...

I do not understand this
"i saw it - yuck! - and now i want to kill it "
point of view.
As I tried to point out. Things evolve. And
the evolution has the right do things wrong.
Next evolution step will do it probably better.

Al same as kernel development. With your attitude
i'd have dropped linux 0.99 immediatly.
Remember the code in certain parts?

So what is your point?
I accept only shiny little masterpieces of software?
Thats not the way it works IMHO.

Best Regards
Dietmar

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:52    [W:0.094 / U:0.144 seconds]