SubjectRe: [Fwd: NTFS repair tools]
> Daryll> On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 09:34:59PM -0500, David Feuer wrote:
> >> For what it's worth, I absolutely agree with this. I have the same
> >> impression when I just see the word "dangerous".
>
> Daryll> Why not call a spade a spade and label it BROKEN. I do think
> Daryll> that's stronger than DANGEROUS.
>
> I doubt it will make any difference whatever we write. I have seen
> several times how users enable every single option because 'they don't
> want to miss out on anything'. It's at the order of someone with a
> Macintosh enabling something labelled "Atari internal serial port
> support" (theoretical example, no offense).

How about reversed?

The option comes enabled by default, but the coding is change to fit this
below:

<M> NTFS support
[*] disable ntfs write support

But after reading other comments, having it be a forced mount r/w is better.
(just like I have to force other FS to be mounted r/o instead of default
r/w)