    SubjectRe: Linking with kernel code (Makefile)
    Thanks for your advice,

    I already know one way to accomodate shared memory between a user process
    and the kernel.
    This is done by making a character device which allocates memory in the
    kernel, then from the user appl, using the mmap function of the driver.

    I was only wondering why I could not link my code with the kernel, though
    they are compiled together, this means I should be able to use any
    function in the kernel files as long as I succeed to define it right

    So in my question X would be any application, Y would be linking my code
    with the kernel and Z would be to get more control over structures