SubjectRe: watchdog software

Alan Cox wrote:

> > > What sort of watchdog are you using ?
> >
> > software. no hardware solution.
> > http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/daemons/watchdog/watchdog-5.1.tar.gz
>
> The software watchdog will fail if the kernel is badly mashed or interrupts
> are disabled.
yes.

> That means it doesn't help tell me if the problem was hardware
> or software (nor in general do hardware watchdogs). Is this one box running
> different loads to the others or different in any notable way ?
nothing really different. we have 5-6 servers like this one and
this one have been crashed for 2 days only (once per day).
never before !? when the server crashed the load was 1.2. nothing
really bad.
the only difference is: this server has the serial cart. I was
in contact with Ted for the serial problem on Linux, but I have
no news from about the crashs.
I do not know if the serial cart can crash the server that
interrupts are disabled ?

Octave

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:51    [W:1.825 / U:0.108 seconds]