    SubjectRe: high load & poor interactivity on fast thread creation
    On Thu, Nov 30, 2000 at 03:00:10PM -0800, David Lang wrote:
    > try the 2.4 test kernels. I had a situation of poor performance with lots
    > of processes and saw a dramatic improvement with the 2.4 kernel.

    So what load average should I expect Linux versions 2.2 and 2.4 to perform
    well under ? I'm wondering what would be the best way to solve this
    problem: limit the number of processes created during a certain time span;
    check if the load average isn't too high before creating a new thread (and
    go to sleep if it isn't); or something else ?

    Thanks very much BTW ! The list has always been very helpful. :-)

    Arnaud

    --
    Arnaud Installe <ainstalle@filepool.com>

    Man has never reconciled himself to the ten commandments.