    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Generalised Kernel Hooks Interface (GKHI)
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > Actually, he's been quite specific. It's ok to have binary modules as
    > > long as they conform to the interface defined in /proc/ksyms.
    > What is completely unclear is if he has the authority to say that given that
    > there is code from other people including the FSF merged into the tree.

    I've always wondered if we shouldn't encourage people to assign the
    copyright for their code to Linux International[1], or some other truly
    neutral organization like the FSF[2]. gcc and related projects assign
    their copyrights to the FSF to avoid messes like this...

    At this point we couldn't force people to change their copyright, but we
    can encourage, if LI or another entity exists to which copyrights can be

    [1] After talking to LI lawyers and getting it all set up, etc.
    [2] In this particular case, due to the modified kernel GPL, FSF is
    probably a bad target for copyright assignments.

    Jeff Garzik |
    Building 1024 | Would you like a Twinkie?
    MandrakeSoft |

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.029 / U:41.056 seconds]