SubjectRe: Broken colors on console with 2.4.0-textXX

> Okay - so its the console subsystem that gets it wrong? Remember
> that 2.2.X gets it right - with the same X server. I really
> would like to have this fixed in 2.4 - can I do something to
> help fixing this? (I'm not familiar with the console subsystem,
> neither with the X server)

It is the way it is done that is wrong. At present the X server is in
total control of setting the console system back to text mode. This
works under normal conditions but when the system is stressed or X
fails you are stuck. The console system should be setting the video
hardware back to vga text mode instead of the X server. I have been
working on a patch that does that.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.065 / U:0.596 seconds]