SubjectRe: [RANT] Linux-IrDA status

On Wed, 8 Nov 2000, Michael Rothwell wrote:

> Like what? I'm not sure what you're saying here. It seems that the pople
> writing the IrDA code have gotten no feedback from you as to why their
> patch is never accepted -- could you clarify?

Just to clarify.

The ONLY message from the IrDA people I've gotten during the last few
weeks has been a SINGLE email from Dag Brattli, with a 330kB patch.

The whole, full, unabridged explanation for those 330kB of patches:

>> Hello Linus,
>>
>> Here is the latest IrDA patch for Linux-2.4.0-test10.
>>
>> Short summary:
>>
>> o Fixes IrDA in 2.4
>> o Touches _no_ other files.
>>
>> Please apply!
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Dag Brattli

That's it.

ONE message during the last month. ONE huge patch. From people who should
have known about 2.4.x being pending for some time.

10,000+ lines of diff, with _no_ effort to split it up, or explain it with
anything but

"o Fixes IrDA in 2.4"

and these people expect me to reply, sending long explanations of why I
don't like them? After they did nothing of the sort for the code they
claim should have been applied? Nada.

Get a grip.

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.064 / U:0.232 seconds]