SubjectRe: Linux 2.4 Status / TODO page (Updated as of 2.4.0-test10)
From
   Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 18:32:31 -0800
From: David Ford <david@linux.com>

I reported pcmcia in all forms was broken for test8 on -my hardware-.

Other kernels such as test10-prex that I'm on now are workable with dhinds
pcmcia. I sent you all the requested information you asked for in several
forms. The kernel's idea of the the sockets just doesn't work...again, on
-my hardware-.

It doesn't matter what voodoo you practice, all of the kernels in the last
year have been unable to drive -my hardware- in any sort of stable fashion.
Recent kernels just can't figure out IRQs for the sockets.

Ok, I've refined the PCMCIA comments in the buglist to be more specific.
It wasn't clear that anyone besides David Hinds was working on
stablizing the 2.4 kernel PCMCIA code, and Linus had already said that
he didn't consider it a show-stopper, and that he recommended people use
David's external PCMCIA/Cardbus package anyway. So I assumed things had
continued to be in a completely broken state, and hadn't bothered to do
more digging into what was going on there.

- Ted

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.245 / U:0.920 seconds]