    SubjectRe: Can EINTR be handled the way BSD handles it? -- a plea from a user-land programmer...
       From: Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com>
    Date: 06 Nov 2000 10:50:37 -0800

    > Arguably though the bug is in glibc, in that if it's using signals
    > behinds the scenes, it should have passed SA_RESTART to sigaction.

    Why are you talking such a nonsense?

    The claim was made that pthreads was using signals behind the scenes, so
    that programs which weren't expecting that system calls to get
    interrupted were getting interrupted. Hence, one could make the
    argument that if the pthreads code had used SA_RESTART to set up its
    signal handlers, then this situation wouldn't have come up.

    I haven't looked more deeply into this. As far as I'm concerned,
    threads === "more rope" and use of threads should be avoided whenever
    possible, even if Linux had a decent threads implementation....

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:2.723 / U:0.008 seconds]