    Date said:
    > > * User continues to happily listen to radio through sound card
    > You're using the sound card without a driver?

    Yes. The sound card allows itself to be unloaded when the pass-through mixer
    levels are non-zero. This is reasonable iff it can be reloaded without
    destroying those levels again. said:
    > If you create a post-action in /etc/modules.conf which initializes
    > the mixer to proper levels, this problem does not exist.

    Yes it does. It can be a few seconds between initialisation and the
    post-action running. That's plenty of time to miss what the news announcer
    was saying about whether you need to go to work today (my gf is a teacher)
    or to wake the entire house if the mixer levels don't default to zero.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.019 / U:257.060 seconds]