Subject"ip_dynaddr" broken in 2.4.0-test10
Hello,

I have configured, compiled and installed "linux-2.4.0-test10" on my
SuSE Linux 6.3 machine. After doing some necessary updates the system
works quite fine now. But there is one thing which makes still some
problems: "ip_dynaddr" seems not to work anymore.

I use an ISDN connection (dial on demand) to my ISP (that assigns me a
dynamic IP address when dialling up), so I should make use of
"ip_dynaddr" to prevent the first packet from being lost. Running
"linux-2.2.17" (or any other "2.2.X") this worked without any problems:
as soon as the connection is established the source address of the first
packet is shifted to the officially assigned address.

But this seems not to work with "linux-2.4.0-test10": I don't get
response to a packet which was sent before the connection was
established, i.e. if I try -for example- to establish an
"ssh"-connection to a machine when I am "off-line", my machine starts to
dial up, but the "ssh"-connection times out, so I have to interrupt
"ssh" and start it again after the ISDN connection is established,
because the first packet always gets lost.

The "ip_dynaddr" is activated:

steffen@pc01:~ > cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_dynaddr
1
steffen@pc01:~ >

Does anybody have the same problem? Is it a bug of "2.4.0-test10" or is
it the result of missing updates of userspace programmes?

Regards,
Steffen

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.034 / U:1.344 seconds]