    SubjectRe: Kernel 2.4.0test10 crash (RAID+SMP)
    It may be a filesystem problem, I had a problem like this with a 200GB raid 0
    array using reiserfs, it went down 3 times in 2 days. I switched to ext2 on
    md0 and everything has been fine now for weeks.

    On Sunday 05 November 2000 16:08, ryan wrote:

    > > Hi,
    > I tried 2.4.0test10, but I get a kernel oops quite often. I have
    > configured my kernel for raid and smp ... autodetected raid, in the
    > kernel everything, so no raid modules necessary. But when I go to boot,
    > it starts to reconstruct the raid array and fsck the /dev/md0 and
    > eventually it just crashes on me. Kernel oops. A message like:
    > "Detected LOCKUP on CPU0"
    > or sometimes its CPU1...
    > If I dont use raid its cool, if I remove smp its also cool. So the
    > particular combination of raid+smp seems to be the problem.
    > My hardware is :
    > Asus P2B-D, 2 PII-400
    > 128 mb ram in 2 * 64 dimms (pc100)
    > Matrox G400 singlehead.
    > Enqsonique ENS1371
    > Realtek 8029 Ethernet card (ne2k-pci )
    > I have included my config that causes this problem.
    > Incidently mga DRI doesnt work either in either SMP or non-SMP
    > kernels... it just locks up the console, the system is still running.
    > maybe I'm missing something?
    > My software resembes Debian woody,
    > gcc --version:
    > 2.95.2
    > Hope this helps.
    > -ryan
    > (PS: my raid array is from a 2.2.16 patched with the latest raid patches
    > for that kernel... debian raidtools2 uses this patch, so its the "latest
    > one". I'm not sure how relevant this is)

    Jason Straight - Senior Network Tech - Personal Page
    ICQ 1796276

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.022 / U:18.624 seconds]