    SubjectRe: high load & poor interactivity on fast thread creation
    The IBM implementations of the Java language use native threads --
    the result is that every time you do a Java thread creation, you
    end up with a new cloned process. Now this should be pretty fast,
    so I am surprised that it stalls like that. It is possible this
    is a scheduler effect. Do you have a program example you can
    share with us?

    Also, it is a little old now (by Internet standards) but you
    might take a look at this paper we did at the beginning of
    the year:

    http://www-4.ibm.com/software/developer/library/java2/index.html

    --

    Best Regards,

    Ray Bryant
    IBM Linux Technology Center
    raybry@austin.ibm.com
    512-838-8538
    http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/linux

    "...the Right Thing is more important than the amount of flamage you need
    to go through to get there"
    --Eric S. Raymond

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:49    [W:0.022 / U:29.984 seconds]