lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2000]   [Nov]   [3]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: panic in reiserfs on test-2.4.0-test9/10
We'll try to reproduce this when the guys get in for work this morning, thanks for the bug report.

Elena, add symlink testing to mongo.sh so that it gets tested by our regression tests.

Hans

Andy Robinson wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried the linux-2.4.0-test9-resiserfs-3.6.18-patch on both 2.4.0-test9
> and test2.4.0-test10
> and got the following PANIC I originally saw this PANIC when doing a 'cp
> -a / /reiserfs'.
> I narrowed it done to a simple symlink ....
>
> Andy
>
> [root@client19 /reiserfs]# ln -s foo.tar foo
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
> 00000010
> printing eip:
> c0185953
> *pde = 00000000
> Oops: 0000
> CPU: 0
> EIP: 0010:[<c0185953>]
> EFLAGS: 00010296
> eax: c12a017c ebx: c12a0060 ecx: 0000000f edx: 00000000
> esi: c12a0090 edi: c12a0000 ebp: 00000005 esp: c0c01b60
> ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
> Process ln (pid: 928, stackpage=c0c01000)
> Stack: c12a0078 c12a017c c0c01bf8 00000001 00000000 c0c01be0 c0178dc4
> c058dc00
> c0c01ba4 c0c01b8c 00000000 c0182728 c0182736 00000001 00000130
> 00000000
> 00000000 c0c01c40 00000001 00000000 c0c01c28 c0c01bfc 00000000
> 00000000
> Call Trace: [<c0178dc4>] [<c0182728>] [<c0182736>] [<c018ede7>]
> [<c017d3a3>] [<c017d842>] [<c017a5f2>]
> [<c0230f99>] [<c0239e3a>] [<c0139892>] [<c0139951>] [<c010a717>]
> Code: 8b 52 10 ff d2 5b 5f 8b 54 24 14 8b 42 34 89 c7 0f b7 47 02
> Segmentation fault
>
> ksymoops 2.3.4 on i686 2.4.0-test9. Options used
> -V (default)
> -k /proc/ksyms (default)
> -l /proc/modules (default)
> -o /lib/modules/2.4.0-test9/ (default)
> -m /boot/System.map-test9 (specified)
>
> No modules in ksyms, skipping objects
> Warning (read_lsmod): no symbols in lsmod, is /proc/modules a valid
> lsmod file?
> Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address
> 00000010
> c0185953
> *pde = 00000000
> Oops: 0000
> CPU: 0
> EIP: 0010:[<c0185953>]
> Using defaults from ksymoops -t elf32-i386 -a i386
> EFLAGS: 00010296
> eax: c12a017c ebx: c12a0060 ecx: 0000000f edx: 00000000
> esi: c12a0090 edi: c12a0000 ebp: 00000005 esp: c0c01b60
> ds: 0018 es: 0018 ss: 0018
> Process ln (pid: 928, stackpage=c0c01000)
> Stack: c12a0078 c12a017c c0c01bf8 00000001 00000000 c0c01be0 c0178dc4
> c058dc00
> c0c01ba4 c0c01b8c 00000000 c0182728 c0182736 00000001 00000130
> 00000000
> 00000000 c0c01c40 00000001 00000000 c0c01c28 c0c01bfc 00000000
> 00000000
> Call Trace: [<c0178dc4>] [<c0182728>] [<c0182736>] [<c018ede7>]
> [<c017d3a3>] [<c017d842>] [<c017a5f2>]
> [<c0230f99>] [<c0239e3a>] [<c0139892>] [<c0139951>] [<c010a717>]
> Code: 8b 52 10 ff d2 5b 5f 8b 54 24 14 8b 42 34 89 c7 0f b7 47 02
>
> >>EIP; c0185953 <check_leaf+a3/c0> <=====
> Trace; c0178dc4 <do_balance+114/140>
> Trace; c0182728 <fix_nodes+348/540>
> Trace; c0182736 <fix_nodes+356/540>
> Trace; c018ede7 <reiserfs_insert_item+a7/110>
> Trace; c017d3a3 <reiserfs_new_symlink+e3/f0>
> Trace; c017d842 <reiserfs_new_inode+492/500>
> Trace; c017a5f2 <reiserfs_symlink+122/220>
> Trace; c0230f99 <tvecs+193c9/27ed0>
> Trace; c0239e3a <tvecs+2226a/27ed0>
> Trace; c0139892 <vfs_symlink+62/a0>
> Trace; c0139951 <sys_symlink+81/d0>
> Trace; c010a717 <system_call+33/38>
> Code; c0185953 <check_leaf+a3/c0>
> 00000000 <_EIP>:
> Code; c0185953 <check_leaf+a3/c0> <=====
> 0: 8b 52 10 mov 0x10(%edx),%edx <=====
> Code; c0185956 <check_leaf+a6/c0>
> 3: ff d2 call *%edx
> Code; c0185958 <check_leaf+a8/c0>
> 5: 5b pop %ebx
> Code; c0185959 <check_leaf+a9/c0>
> 6: 5f pop %edi
> Code; c018595a <check_leaf+aa/c0>
> 7: 8b 54 24 14 mov 0x14(%esp,1),%edx
> Code; c018595e <check_leaf+ae/c0>
> b: 8b 42 34 mov 0x34(%edx),%eax
> Code; c0185961 <check_leaf+b1/c0>
> e: 89 c7 mov %eax,%edi
> Code; c0185963 <check_leaf+b3/c0>
> 10: 0f b7 47 02 movzwl 0x2(%edi),%eax
>
> 1 warning issued. Results may not be reliable.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.093 / U:0.996 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site