SubjectRe: Defective Red Hat Distribution poorly represents Linux
> These are hardware problems, not software. Programs like gcc and ld
> segfaulting like this is NOT a software problem.
> Please don't turn up with some 'hey, it worked with my disk', that's no
> clue that the distrib is bad. The same arguments as 'it works with
> Windows'.

This could be a Linux kernel problem. (though likely not)

If one disk works and another one not, one might suspect
that the wrong DMA mode is being used in the crashing case.
The easy fix: replace the drive with a different model, and
make sure you have the most modern cables.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.149 / U:7.512 seconds]