SubjectRe: NCPFS not returning Volume Size (???)
On Sun, Nov 19, 2000 at 05:10:06PM +0100, Petr Vandrovec wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 16, 2000 at 08:40:29PM -0700, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
> > Petr,
> >
> > NCPFS in 2.2.18-pre21 is not returning volume size via df -h. I checked
> > your code and found this comment:
> >
> > static int ncp_statfs(struct super_block *sb, struct statfs *buf, int bufsiz)
> > {
> > NCP Code
> >
> > 2222/17E6 Get Object's Remaining Disk Space
> >
> > I noticed that 2.4 also is not reporting Volume free space.
>
> Yes, it is intentional. There are two different things:
> (1) you can mount all volumes from server to one mountpoint, and all these
> volumes share one superblock. So it is not clear, which value to
> return. Sum of all volume sizes?
> (2) in Netware, each directory can have its own space limit, so
> returned free space should differ from directory to directory.
> As statfs is per-superblock thing, I believe that returning
> 'sorry, I do not know' is better.
>
> > grouped into case/switch classes. If you can point me to
> > where 1) the login ID is stored and B) where NCP packet
> > request/reponse headers are constructed, i.e. a skeleton
> > to send/receive the requests I can grab, I'll try to
> > code this for you.
>
> loginID is not stored anywhere in kernel. You can look at
> ioctl(,NCP_IOC_GETOBJECTNAME,...). If you need your own ID
> so you know which disk space restriction retrieve, you'll have
> to first execute retrieve logged in info for current connection
> (where connection number is stored in server->connection).
>
> request/reply is built in preallocated space, you can look
> at functions in ncplib_kernel.c, f.e. ncp_open_create_file_or_subdir
> uses almost every of ncp_add_* functions. ncp_request() then
> executes RPC call and ncp_unlock_server() unlocks connection.
> You must NOT access userspace between ncp_init_request()
> and ncp_unlock_server() function, or deadlock can occur.

There's is a method to obtain this accurately. NSS may have
changed some things. I have a list of four issues now with this
one I need to get finished. I may need some help with your code
as I go.

Jeff

> Best regards,
> Petr Vandrovec
> vandrove@vc.cvut.cz

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.049 / U:0.124 seconds]