SubjectRe: non-gcc linux?
On Thu, Nov 02, 2000 at 01:00:13PM -0700, Tim Riker wrote:
> This started off with some comments from the group (hpa in particular)
> that even between gcc releases, the gcc extensions have been much less
> stable that the standard compiler features. The danger of implementing

Given how the thread started I'm uncertain if with "stable" he meant "bug-free"
or "same API". You certainly mean "same API" and I see your point, OTOH
supporting gcc extensions still looks like the best solution to me - even if we
lack the standardization - because: 1) if you try to change the kernel I think
you'll get even more mainteinance troubles :), 2) the stable kernels never get
compiled with the bleeding edge gcc, so you would have plenty of time to
catchup any potential change in the gcc extensions.

Andrea

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.142 / U:8.716 seconds]