SubjectRe: non-gcc linux? (was Re: Where did kgcc go in 2.4.0-test10?)
Alan Cox wrote:
> > 1. There are architectures where some other compiler may do better
> > optimizations than gcc. I will cite some examples here, no need to argue
> I think we only care about this when they become free software.

This may be your belief, but I would not choose to enforce it on
everyone. Thank you for you opinion.

> > 2. There are architectures where gcc is not yet available, but vendor C
> > compilers are.
> That need to run Linux - name one ? Why try to solve a problem when it hasn't
> happened yet. Let whoever needs to solve it do it.

We have proposals here all under NDA. So I won't mention one of them.
Perhaps there are some of these folk on the list that would like to

> Alan

Tim Riker - - short SIGs! <g>
All I need to know I could have learned in Kindergarten
... if I'd just been paying attention.