    SubjectRe: non-gcc linux? (was Re: Where did kgcc go in 2.4.0-test10?)
    Alan Cox wrote:
    > > 1. There are architectures where some other compiler may do better
    > > optimizations than gcc. I will cite some examples here, no need to argue
    > I think we only care about this when they become free software.

    This may be your belief, but I would not choose to enforce it on
    everyone. Thank you for you opinion.

    > > 2. There are architectures where gcc is not yet available, but vendor C
    > > compilers are.
    > That need to run Linux - name one ? Why try to solve a problem when it hasn't
    > happened yet. Let whoever needs to solve it do it.

    We have proposals here all under NDA. So I won't mention one of them.
    Perhaps there are some of these folk on the list that would like to

    > Alan

    Tim Riker - - short SIGs! <g>
    All I need to know I could have learned in Kindergarten
    ... if I'd just been paying attention.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.020 / U:15.084 seconds]