SubjectRe: 2.4 sendfile() not doing as manpage promises?
On Sun, 19 Nov 2000, bert hubert wrote:
> After some exploring with 'ddd' (a very nice graphical frontend for gdb,
> which includes tools to display and traverse structs), I found that this
> probably means that sendfile() can only be used to send files from
> blockdevices which support mmap()-like functionality. Is this correct?

Correct.

> In that case, the wording of the manpage needs to be changed, as it
> implies that 'either or both' of the filedescriptors can be sockets.

Its quite clear.

DESCRIPTION
This call copies data between file descriptor and another
file descriptor or socket. in_fd should be a file
descriptor opened for reading. out_fd should be a
descriptor opened for writing or a connected socket.

in_fd must be a file, out_fd can be a file or socket.

-Dan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.048 / U:2.312 seconds]