SubjectRe: VGA PCI IO port reservations
Date
Jeff Garzik writes:
> Dig through the video card docs, even older ISA video cards let you
> disable I/O decoding on all but a few ports, and/or relocate the ports
> it does use to other areas. Different with every video card, of course,
> but most of them can do this to a greater or lesser extent.

Unfortunately, when you start thinking about x86 and running the BIOSes
to (re-)initialise VGA cards back to text mode, they don't take it well
if you do this sort of messing.

However, I believe that my problem is sorted by use of that function from
pci-i386.c.

Thanks to people who helped.
_____
| | | | http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/personal/aboutme.html / / |
/ | THE developer of ARM Linux |+| /|\

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:47    [W:0.141 / U:0.756 seconds]