SubjectRe: sunhme.c patch for new PCI interface (UNTESTED)
In article <> you wrote:

> I never ported it to the new PCI interfaces strictly because when
> combined with SBUS it makes the driver initialization look really
> sloppy.

BTW, what do you think of a new PCI style probing for SBUS?
When I hacked on a small sbus driver, I thought it might be a good idea
to have tables like the new PCI interface for all busses.

The interface for SBUS would be:

struct sbus_device_id {
char * promname;
unsigned long driver_data;
struct sbus_driver {
struct list_head node;
char * name;
struct sbus_device_id * id_table;
int (* probe)(struct sbus_dev * dev, const struct sbus_device_id * id);
void (* remove)(struct sbus_dev * dev);
Would you accept such a change for 2.5?

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.