SubjectRe: Swapping over NFS in Linux 2.4?
Rik van Riel <riel@conectiva.com.br> writes:

> On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Andreas Osterburg wrote:
>
> > Because I set up a diskless Linux-workstation, I want to swap
> > over NFS. For this purpose I found only patches for "older"
> > Linux-versions (2.0, 2.1, 2.2?).
>
> > Does anyone know wheter there are patches for 2.4 or does anyone
> > know another solution for this problem?
>
> 1. you can swap over NBD
> 2. if you point me to the swap-over-nfs patches you
> have found, I can try to make them work on 2.4 ;)

Rik all we need to do now is convert the swapout code to address space
methods just like the block device was.

This has a number of interesting effects. One of which is that
brw_page should no longer have any users. Simplifying fs/buffer.c

Further this is equivalent to mounting a nfs file loop back which
the address space methods now allow, but it is more direct.

Which means that if this reveals any bugs in nfs/lock ups in nfs they
were already there.

This has been on my want to do list for a while but I'm busy
reinventing booting so I haven't gotten to it.

Eric

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:24    [W:0.054 / U:0.248 seconds]