    SubjectRe: [Fwd: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue] (Dominik Kubla) writes:

    >I can do better! I had a smart ass trying to backup his harddrives
    >using email, no less than 2Gig!

    So what? Get enough spool space in /var/spool/mqueue and a platform
    with 64 bit file support and it works just fine. I have some boxes
    where the users send 100+ MByte mails on a regular base. Once you beat
    the procmail into submission, this simply works.

    sendmail is one of the very best pieces of free multi-platform
    software that is available. I really admire the people that wrote
    it. Kudos to everyone that wrote on this software. All hail Eric
    Allman. ;-)

    It is mean, tough, hard to understand and configure but definitely
    industrial strength, proven and reliable. Something you can't say of
    all this sissy "free" software around today.

    And once you get a hang of "left side, right side" rules, you can read like normal text. The idea of using an algorithmic concept
    for a config file still shines after twenty years of development. So
    much for "GUIs".

    sendmail rocks
    Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
    INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH

    Am Schwabachgrund 22 Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0
    D-91054 Buckenhof Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.044 / U:3.572 seconds]