I think it is great that there is continued valuable developement on the
bonding driver. Have you guys taken a look at the source code for Intel's
new ANS driver? For any Intel network card, it will do 8-way Fast
EtherChannel. Supposedly, it also supports failover (though even
"bonding" driver docs used to say that was impossible because the linux
networking subsystem didn't handle card failures gracefully enough).

You can check it out at:

http://support.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/100Linux.htm

Maybe some of the code will help in the "bonding" driver development. I
much prefer bonding over Intel's ANS, because bonding is GPL and works
with any net card. Etc. etc.

-Dan