SubjectRe: [Fwd: sendmail fails to deliver mail with attachments in /var/spool/mqueue]
On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, William F. Maton wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Nov 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
>

> > The sendmail folks are claiming that the TCPIP stack in Linux is broken,
> > which is what they claim is causing problems on sendmail on Linux
> > platforms. Before anyone says, "don't use that piece of shit sendmail,
> > use qmail instead", perhaps we should look at this problem and refute
> > these statements -- I think that sendmail is causing this problem. The
> > version is sendmail 8.9.3
>
> What about sendmail 8.11.1? Is the problem there too?

I am running sendmail-8.11-0.Beta3 on Linux 2.4.0-test9. I didn't
have any problem with it (except that the documentation sucks,
making it extremely difficult to configure). Once configured, it runs
fine. It also ran fine on Linux-2.2.17.

If something is staying in the mail-queue `mailq`, this means that
the daemon isn't running. It may have crashed. This can be caused
by somebody keeping some mailer entry in /etc/inetd.conf. Sendmail
has to run as a daemon with no other interference on port 25.
Check the configuration.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson

Penguin : Linux version 2.4.0 on an i686 machine (799.54 BogoMips).

obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.133 / U:0.272 seconds]