SubjectRe: 2.4.0-test10 Sluggish After Load
On Wed, 1 Nov 2000, Sean Hunter wrote:

> Yup. What seems to have happened is that waking up 1800
> processes at once has caused the box to thrash so hard it is
> taking ages for any one process to get enough scheduler time to
> clean itself up and exit.
> I guess we may need a thrash preventer that slows things down
> enough for each process to get a healthy bite of the cherry.

That's the idea, yes. The current (highly experimental) code
to do this is very ugly, though, and it doesn't quite work
the way it should either ;)

I hope to have it cleaned up and available as an add-on patch

"What you're running that piece of shit Gnome?!?!"
-- Miguel de Icaza, UKUUG 2000