    SubjectRe: Where did kgcc go in 2.4.0-test10 ?
    Followup to:  <>
    By author: "David S. Miller" <>
    In newsgroup:
    > We already know we are a bunch of pinheads wrt. the userland compiler
    > issue, full stop. It need not be restated several hundred more times.
    > Believe me, after such a large fiasco, we have listened :-)
    > But, on the other hand, to say that "kgcc" comceptually is something
    > only Red Hat has ever done is a factual error, that is all I am trying
    > to state, nothing more.

    I think at least supporting a "kgcc" compiler makes sense,
    conceptually (although it probably should have been called "kcc", but
    it's too late now.)

    The kernel uses a lot of gcc extensions, and history shows that these
    extensions aren't as stable as the compiler system as a whole.

    <> at work, <> in private!

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.023 / U:32.900 seconds]