SubjectRe: Where did kgcc go in 2.4.0-test10 ?
Followup to:  <>
By author: "David S. Miller" <>
In newsgroup:
> We already know we are a bunch of pinheads wrt. the userland compiler
> issue, full stop. It need not be restated several hundred more times.
> Believe me, after such a large fiasco, we have listened :-)
> But, on the other hand, to say that "kgcc" comceptually is something
> only Red Hat has ever done is a factual error, that is all I am trying
> to state, nothing more.

I think at least supporting a "kgcc" compiler makes sense,
conceptually (although it probably should have been called "kcc", but
it's too late now.)

The kernel uses a lot of gcc extensions, and history shows that these
extensions aren't as stable as the compiler system as a whole.

<> at work, <> in private!