    SubjectRe: Where did kgcc go in 2.4.0-test10 ?
       Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:54:18 -0700
    From: Cort Dougan <cort@fsmlabs.com>

    Since you're setting yourself up as a proponent of this can you
    explain why RedHat includes a compiler that doesn't work with the
    kernel?

    Because the kernel is buggy (the specifics of this has been discussed
    before on this list) and we didn't have time to implement and QA the
    changes needed in time for the 7.0 release.

    Furthermore I was correcting Nathan's statement that this was a "Red
    Hat thing", not specifically upholding the virtues of using a
    different compiler for the kernel. That is a completely seperate
    topic and we've had that taken that conversation as far as it will go
    already remember? :-)

    Finally, if I were to state "fsmlabs are a bunch of pinheads because
    they did XXX" I would expect you to defend your employer as well if I
    misrepresented them due to incorrect statements. Right? :-)

    Later,
    David S. Miller
    davem@redhat.com

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.021 / U:0.496 seconds]