SubjectRe: Where did kgcc go in 2.4.0-test10 ?
   Date: 	Wed, 1 Nov 2000 17:11:58 -0700
From: Nathan Paul Simons <npsimons@fsmlabs.com>

So other distro's did it too. Why did nobody complain till
RedHat did it? Because no one else decided to use, as the default,
a bleeding edge compiler that not only won't compile the kernel but
won't even touch a lot of userspace code either.

The topic is this thread is whether "kgcc" as a seperate compiler for
the kernel is a "Red Hat thing". You stated that it is, I am showing
you how it isn't. Please don't change the topic.

Red Hat's selection of it's userland compiler is an entirely different
topic and there have probably been a few hundred seperate flame wars
on this matter. Such a discussion does not belong here on the kernel
list. FWIW, I will be one of the first people to say that there were
some errors of judgment in the decision making that went on there.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.178 / U:0.064 seconds]