lkml.org 
[lkml]   [2000]   [Oct]   [7]   [last100]   RSS Feed
Views: [wrap][no wrap]   [headers]  [forward] 
 
Messages in this thread
/
Date
From
SubjectRe: Tux 2 patents
On Fri, Oct 06, 2000 at 09:11:44PM -0700, Marty Fouts wrote:
> I don't know a lawyer I would trust who would give free legal advice on a
> mailing list without the usual disclaimers.

You should go back and read the start of this thread. I've hired an
IP Patent attorney to handle the Tux 2 Patent issue, and will be posting
his analysis back to this community. I have forwarded Daniel's
designs and the specific patents and we are performing an infringement
analysis.

I think it's great that the USPTO has a website, but it's no subsitute
for "real" legal help to folks on this list.

Jeff


>
> And I don't care what you've done elsewhere, you have, here, been misleading
> about patent law. I stand by my recommendation that people who are
> interested should read the Nolo Press book and then, if they have specific
> issues, consult an IP lawyer on those particular issues.
>
> In addition to the Nolo press, by the way, the US Patent Office now has a
> web site with good general information for those people who are interested
> in US patent issues. (http://www.uspto.gov/) I suppose there is a similar
> web site for people interested in EU patent specifics as well. One of the
> serveral ways in which you were mistaken in your assertions is that you've
> neglected to clarify where US Patent Law differs from Patent Law in other
> jurisdictions. You may be in Utah, but not everyone on this mailing list
> is.
>
>
>
>
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Jeff V. Merkey [mailto:jmerkey@timpanogas.org]
> > Sent: Friday, October 06, 2000 3:40 PM
> > To: Marty Fouts
> > Cc: 'jesse'; linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> > Subject: Re: Tux 2 patents
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Marty Fouts wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't do pissing matches, Jeff, and won't compare the
> > quality of the IP
> > > experts I have access to to the quality of those you have access to.
> > >
> > > I will say that you are wrong about disclosure because you
> > have overly
> > > simplified, and again recommend that people who care should
> > discuss their
> > > specific cases with real lawyers, which neither you no or I are.
> >
> > Excuse me -- I was one of the attorneys on the Novell/TRG lawsuit --
> > check my motions
> > and filings. In fact, check the 4th District Court in general for my
> > filings in other cases. You can check the Texas courts for 1980's as
> > well. Just because I have been a software
> > engineer for the past 20 years does not mean I did something else in a
> > previous life.
> >
> > Since all my friends are lawyers and TRG runs a law firm out of here
> > should say something.
-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in
the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org
Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/

\
 
 \ /
  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:39    [W:0.141 / U:0.716 seconds]
©2003-2018 Jasper Spaans|hosted at Digital Ocean and TransIP|Read the blog|Advertise on this site