SubjectRe: hdparm settings: Can they be permanent?
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000, Harald Welte wrote:

>> It was suggested to me that the way to make hdparm settings permanent was
>> to create a script to change the settings on startup. Is this the best
>> choice?
>
>Yes, indeed. It is the same for all kernel configurable parameters. Look
>at /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward, etc.

Not really. Red Hat ships with "sysctl" which runs at boot time
and has a config file in /etc which stores settings for
/proc/sys/whatever. So you don't have to write a script if you
use the sysctl package.

>Some distributions already have the hdparm initscript.

I'm not sure about that one for RH.. I use my own script, but
there might be one now..