    SubjectRe: 2.4.0-test9-pre8
    Do you have nscd installed and running or have incorrect nsswitch/resolv.conf
    settings?

    I have several systems here on test9p8 and they all start up very fast. Full
    boot is usually less than 45 seconds, 60 for the X on my laptop. What is
    that UDP socket for? port 53 I'm guessing? Double check your dns setup, it
    may be coincidental.

    -d

    --
    "There is a natural aristocracy among men. The grounds of this are
    virtue and talents", Thomas Jefferson [1742-1826], 3rd US President