SubjectRe: execve replacement.
On Wed, 4 Oct 2000, Brian Gerst wrote:

> "it doesn't work well" is a bit vague...
>
> I am guessing that you are getting an unresolved symbol. Modifying the
> system call table is not and probably never will be available for
> modules. The syscall table is very architecture dependant, and is not
> exported to modules.

This isn't true, you can replace syscalls fine in modules on x86. I can't
comment on other architectures. It's rarely a good idea though of course.

You might want to check out the "overloader" module at
http://bdolez.free.fr/

john

p.s. abel, your module exit has a horrendous race with module unload, and
processes sleeping in the system call ...

--
"The Internet is a shallow and unreliable electronic repository of dirty pictures, inaccurate rumors,
bad spelling and worse grammar, inhabited largely by people with no demonstrable social skills."