SubjectRe: Request for net guru help: waitqueue oops
Hans Grobler wrote:

> Ok. I originally had them outside locks as they appeared to be atomic. I
> moved them in incase they were the cause of the problem.

Don't bother about them - see include/linux/netdevice.h to be sure.

> The timer routines (there are 4) are used to switch hardware states and
> must therefore be mutually exclusive with respect to the interrupt handler.
> There are no bottom halves used in this driver. Andrew Morton suggested
> that the problem could be in my use of the skb pointers, which seems
> a likely candidate. I'll check that.

It might be, but it might not. Be careful about locking and calling
procedures which can sleep from interrupt context.

Sorry if i am not enough specific, i haven't seen the code ;-)

best,
Petkan

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.074 / U:0.520 seconds]