    SubjectRe: 2.2.18Pre Lan Performance Rocks!

    Ingo Molnar wrote:

    > On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Jeff V. Merkey wrote:
    >
    > > It relies on an anomoly in the design of Intel's cache controllers,
    > > and with memory based applications, I can get 120% scaling per
    > > procesoor by jugling the working set of executable code cached accros
    > > each processor. There's sample code with this kernel you can use to
    > > verify....
    >
    > FYI, this is a very old concept and a scalability FAQ item. It's called
    > "sublinear scaling", and SGI folks have already published articles about
    > it 10 years ago.

    Ingo,

    You don't even know what it is enough to comment intelligently. You can
    write the patent office and obtain a copy. The patent is currently in
    dispute between Novell and several other companies over S&E ownership,
    and there's a court hearing scheduled to resolve it (lukily I don't have
    to deal with this one). Nice thing about being an inventor, though, is
    I have rights to it, no matter who ends up with the S&E assignment.
    (dogs fights over a bone ...).

    Jeff

    > Ingo

      Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.021 / U:116.560 seconds]