SubjectRe: 2.2.18Pre Lan Performance Rocks!

Thanks,

It will make merging the MANOS kernel happen faster. My DLL prototypes
are using subsets
of Linux 2.2.16 for MANOS at present, and what I really need is for the
support issues to dovetail into a supported effort. This one might fit
the bill. I have no desire for TRG to support the 100's of LAN and disk
drivers all by our little lonesome in a divergent code base.

Jeff

Alan Cox wrote:

> > context switches. profiling Ring 0 Linux vs. NetWare will give me an
> > excellent idea of where
> > the optimizations will need to be inserted. A straight MARS-NWE port to
> > kernel would just
> > happen, since we would be able to just load in kernel space and run it
> > with no code
> > changes.
>
> There are one bunch of people running Linux on a flat memory space with no
> protection although their goal was to make Linux run on mmuless embedded
> hardware.
>
> See www.uclinux.org; the uclinux guys started a 2.4 port recently. Basically
> the idea is to have a mm-nommu/ directory which implements a mostly compatible
> replacement for the mm layer (obviously stuff like mmap dont work without an
> mmu and fork is odd), and a set of binary loaders to load flat binaries with
> relocations.
>
> That I think is the project that overlaps ..
>
> -

  Last update: 2005-03-22 13:18    [W:0.085 / U:81.796 seconds]