SubjectRe: test10-pre7

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > newstyle rule to something very simple:
> >
> > # Translate to Rules.make lists.
> >
> > O_OBJS := $(obj-y)
> > M_OBJS := $(obj-m)
>
> This will destroy one nice feature of list-style makefiles:
> when you have and object both in obj-y and obj-m it will be removed
> from obj-m with the old boiler-plates, not with your proposal.

Ok. That's fine, the "obj-m" thing doesn't have any ordering constraints,
so we can do whatever we want to it. Including the $(filter-out ..) thing.

> > MIX_OBJS := $(export-objs)
>
> The MIX_OBJS change is wrong. It may not hurt the resulting
> kernel image but you will build all export-objs, not only the
> ones you actually have selected. But we might get around this
> with some $(filter ...) magic.

Yes. That's fine, again MIX_OBJS does not care about ordering, so
filtering etc is fine here.

The only thing I really care about is O_OBJS = $(obj-y), and with this
setup it seems to be a valid thing to do, with some slight hackery on the
other ones.

Linus

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:0.060 / U:5.432 seconds]