SubjectRe: 2.2.18Pre Lan Performance Rocks!

David/Alan,

Andre Hedrick is now the CTO of TRG and Chief Scientist over Linux
Development. After talking
to him, we are going to do our own ring 0 2.4 and 2.2.x code bases for
the MANOS merge.
the uClinux is interesting, but I agree is limited.

MANOS schedules should be unaffected. The current DLL prototype of
Linux 2.2 is ring 0, but I shudder at trying to merge all the changes
I've done to it into core 2.2.X as a .config
option. There's also the gravity well forces of different views to this
effort. With Andre
on the job, I am more confident in co-opting the Linux drivers and just
biting the bullet
on the support issues, and doing a full fork of Linux.

Jeff