SubjectRe: Is IPv4 totally broken in 2.4-test
   Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 23:53:57 -0600
From: Carl Perry <caperry@edolnx.net>

What exactly does "Explicit Congestion Notification" do?

It's a protocol extension by which routers can tell clients
about the onset of congestion before the routers stops to drop
that client's packets.

Unfortunately, a widely deployed firewall product made by Cisco and
used at most of the large web sites block packets that make use
of ECN. They have fixed the bug, but I honestly don't expect these
sites to install the fix any time soon no matter how much the Cisco
folks tell me that such sites are "likely to".

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com

  Last update: 2005-03-22 12:45    [W:1.121 / U:0.008 seconds]